We hope to have the practice and special-event calendar set by mid March (these are now posted on each Team page, listed above). Game schedules will be set by late March. For now, this is what we know:
The initial outside practice dates:
Monday, March 13 (cancelled-weather)
– THURSDAY, March 16
– Saturday, March 18 (1:30-3p, new time)
– Monday, March 20
The practice times/locations for the spring:
– 2/1 (U8): 5:30-7p, WA Turf (we move to the Bowl field in April)
– 6/5 Black (U12B): 5:30-7p, WA Turf
– 6/5 White (U12C): 5:30-7p, WA Turf
– 4/3 Black (U10): 5:45-7:17p, WA Turf (we move to the Bowl field in April)
– 6/5 Maroon (U12A): 7-8:30p, WA Turf
– 8/7 White (U14C): 7-8:30p, WA Turf
We will not practice on W March 23, M March 27, or W March 29 — for an extended spring break.
We resume practice on M, April 3. From that point on, practices will be Monday and Wednesday (times will be the same as above) each week (with the exception of Memorial Day week).
Please put the following on your calendars:
(1) Parent Meeting: Thursday, March 16 from 5:45-6:45p (*this is an earlier start time than first announced) in the Warrior Room (top floor of the WA Fieldhouse).
We ask that one parent (at least) from each family attends this session. Coaches Weisenborn and Miller will go over Club philosophies, policies, procedures, parent conduct agreements, etc. Players who practice at 7p that night are welcome to join their parents in the meeting. Bring something to take notes on.
(2) Face off & Goalie Clinic: Saturday, March 18 from 3-5p (new time) on the WA Turf.
This clinic is FREE and open to ALL FCA players who want to learn more about taking face-offs or playing goalie. This clinic is being offered by True Lacrosse in partnership with FCA. Both Mike Gabel (former MLL goalie) and Jake Deane (former MLL long stick middie) will be coaching the clinic. **ALL FCA COACHES, please plan to attend.**
Please sign your player(s) up using this link:
(3) Games Begin: The weekend of April 8 and 9.
(4) FCA Family Night: We are working to schedule this for a Friday evening in May. We plan to have dinner together, listen to a speaker, and then go out to the turf to watch the WA Lax team play. More details to come.
(5) Border Wars Tournament?: Please pencil in Mother’s Day weekend (May 13-14) just in case your son’s team ends up playing at the Border Wars Tournament (Montgomery IL). More details to come.
(6) IBLA Playoffs: The weekend of June 10 and 11.