*Registration for Spring Teams is open: https://fcalacrossechicagowest.org/registration/
**Uniform ordering is now closed.
FCA has teams at the 3/4th-grade (Junior), 5/6th-grade (Minor), and 7/8th-grade (Major) levels for the Spring 2022 season. The Junior, Minor, and Major teams will participate in the Illinois Boys Lacrosse Association (IBLA) league.
On this page you will find: team descriptions, information on practices, games, and tournaments, spring-team fees, and uniform info for 2022.
2022 Spring Team Evaluations
2022 Team Descriptions
It is our goal to keep team sizes at the numbers below.
- Junior – 3rd, 4th – one 7v7 in IBLA; 10 to 17 players
- Minor – 5th, 6th – one team in IBLA; 17 to 20 players
- Major – 7th, 8th – one team in IBLA; 17 to 22 players per team
The IBLA (our league) has made recommendations for divisional placement. Our task is to recommend level placement (once teams have been made) to the IBLA. Final placement of teams into levels is done at the league’s placement committee voting meeting in early March. Our chief goal in this regard is to put players (and teams) in a position where they can experience a mix of success and challenge and ultimately help to grow a love of the game.
Maroon Team – our highest level program; highly competitive; requires the highest level of player/family commitment. Players will be chosen based on skill, athleticism, lacrosse IQ, positional fit, and program fit. Playing time will be earned through practice, attendance, and team need. Players will have set positions. The majority of this team will be made up of the highest grade in the age bracket.
Black Team – competitive. Players will be chosen based on skill, athleticism, lacrosse IQ, positional fit, and program fit. Playing time will be earned through practice and team need. All players will play in every game, but not all players will play an equal amount of time. This team can be a mix of older and younger players in their age bracket. Players may move from position to position, based on team need.
White Team – These teams are generally made up of players in the younger grade in each age bracket and/or newer players. Players will be chosen based on skill, athleticism, lacrosse IQ, positional fit, and program fit. Coaches will work with players to understand all positions and figure out the best fit for each player. Playing time will be as equal as possible.
2022 Team Practice Schedule
(tentative based on final number of teams)
- Outdoor Practices (all teams will practice at the same time):
- Wed, March 16 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Sat, March 19 from 9-10:30a on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Mon, March 21 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- We are off for spring break.
- Mon, April 4 and Wed, April 6 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Wed, April 13 and Fri, April 15 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Mon, April 18 and W, April 20 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Wed, April 27 and Fri, April 29 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Mon, May 2 and W, May 4 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Tu, May 10 from 6:15-7:45p on the BOWL Field at Wheaton Academy (grass; 900 Campbell Dr.)
- W, May 11 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Mon, May 16 and W, May 18 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- Tu, May 24 from 6:15-7:45p on the BOWL Field at Wheaton Academy (grass; 900 Campbell Dr.)
- W, May 25 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- W, June 1 from 6:15-7:30p on the Wheaton Academy (turf field)
- IBLA playoffs are June 4-5 (Junior, Minor, Major).
2021 Game Schedule
(tentative based on IBLA scheduling)
We have 7 weekends to play our 8 regular-season IBLA games. Much of the scheduling is determined by the league (as in who we play and the game host). We try to schedule the majority of our games on Saturdays (or Sunday afternoons) and try to avoid Sunday morning games, if at all possible. Typically, Juniors play first in the morning and Majors play in the afternoon. All home games will be played on the turf at Wheaton Academy on Saturdays (or Sunday afternoons).
- April 9-10 (Junior, Minor, Major) – First available weekend for games
- June 4-5 (Junior, Minor, Major) – IBLA Playoffs
2022 Tournaments and Tournament Fees
Our Junior, Minor, and Major teams may attend 1 tournament during the spring. The tournament will be announced after evaluations. Tournament fees ($50 per player per tournament) will be included in your spring team fee.
2021 Spring Team Fees
Our goal is to keep costs at a minimum for families while still offering high-quality experience for all involved. Please remember that we are not a park district program — the costs associated with our program and what we offer are not comparable.
For an explanation of the value FCA Lacrosse offers families please refer to our website.
Team fees cover league fees, practice and game field rentals indoors and outdoors, one tournament, shooter shirts, helmet/car decals, team supplies/equipment, program administrative costs, and coaching stipends.
Team fees DO NOT cover uniforms (game pinnie, shorts, and practice pinnie), player equipment (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, mouth guard, stick, cleats), or USA Lacrosse membership fees. *Please note that youth lacrosse now requires shoulder pads/liners with the new NOCSAE certification for 2022.
We do not want team price or equipment price to be an issue in deciding to play for FCA Lacrosse. If your family has a financial need, please contact us directly to discuss opportunities.
- Spring Team Fee
- Junior, Minor, Major: $400
Team rosters will be announced by/on March 1 and spring-team/tournament fees are due by March 7.
*We are using the same uniform design as we did for Spring 2020 & 2021. If you already have one of these uniforms and it fits, you are ‘good to go’ for the 2022 season.
Uniforms are not included in the spring team fee. Players will need to purchase their own uniforms (through the team store). The cost for a complete set (game pinnie and shorts) will be $50. *FCA Lacrosse will provide a new shooter shirt to every player, as it is included in the spring fee.
We will use the same uniform design for the next few years. Families can choose to replace uniforms (in part or whole) as needed/wanted. Once assigned, numbers will remain with players for the rest of their playing career with FCA.
We are grateful for your family’s commitment to FCA Lacrosse and are excited to get back on the field with all the players.
Beth, Geof, and Cort
YOU ROCK!! Thank you for reading this entire page. Want to be on our mailing list? Sweet. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org